Thursday 9 June 2016

Excellence Evidence Kapa Haka 2

Kapa Haka

On Friday I had Kapa Haka.

First I walked respectfully down to the hall and took my shoes off in the foyer.

Next I went into the hall and sat down in my spot. When everyone had arrived we started singing. Once we had warmed up we practiced transitions. Once we had done that we worked on the poi and raku.

The year 8 girls went outside and practiced the long poi. We practiced our routine and that's when we realised not everyone can do all the actions so I took them away and taught them. When they could nearly do it we returned to the group and continued practicing. We did this for the rest of the time. (What we did).

I showed Excellence by being resilient when teaching some of the girls how to do the actions.

I showed leadership by teaching some of the girls the poi.

No comments:

Post a Comment