Friday 13 May 2016

Merit Evidence Kapa Haka 5

Kapa Haka

On Friday I had Kapa Haka.

First I walked respectfully down to the hall. I took my shoes off in the hall foyer and waited quietly for the Culture Club to finish. When they finished I went into the hall and sat down in my spot.

When everyone had arrived we got started. The song we sang first was the school song Taitapu. We went through this song a couple of times focusing on being in time with our actions.

Next we sang Hareuia. We went through this a few times as well. We focused on stepping in time. When we had got it we moved on to Tahurihuri which is the song with the poi's.

The boys went into the hall foyer to practice the Haka while the girls did the poi. since I'm a year 8 I get to do long poi. I practiced all the actions focusing on Butterfly and Over head.

After this it was time to go. (What we did).

I showed Respect and Excellence because I walked down to the hall respectfully and tried my best in the poi.

No comments:

Post a Comment