Friday 20 May 2016

Excellence Evidence Kapa Haka 1

Kapa Haka

On Friday I had Kapa Haka.

First I walked respectfully down to the hall and took my shoes off. Then I entered the hall and sat down in my spot. While we were waiting for everyone to arrive we sang He Honere.

When everyone had arrived then we started. We started off singing Taitapu (our school song) with the Haka afterwards. After that we practiced Tahurihuri. The year 4 girls are doing Raku sticks, year 5, 6 and 7 girls are doing short poi and the year 8 girls are doing long poi.

We got to practice being in our spot and I found out that we have to do the poi front and center. We practiced this for the rest of the time. (What I did).

I showed Excellence by trying my hardest.

I showed leadership by role modelling what I wanted others to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment