Monday 7 March 2016

Merit Evidence Kapa Haka 1

Kapa Haka

On Friday I had Kapa Haka.

When I got there I took my shoes off and quietly sat down in my line. When everyone had arrived we started practicing.

The first thing we did was practice our school song Taitapu. We practiced singing it, the actions and when we were meant to put more energy in.

Once we did that we practiced Whakatakatehau. We practiced singing it and the people that were new to Kapa Haka practiced the words.

Next we practiced Tahurihuri which is the song we do poi in. We practiced singing it and again the people that were new to Kapa Haka practiced the words. The year 8 girls hope to do long poi to this song soon.

After that it was time to go. (What I did).

I showed Respect and Excellence because I showed up on time and tried my hardest singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment