Friday 1 July 2016

Excellence Evidence Kapa Haka 6

Kapa Haka

On Friday I had Kapa Haka.

First I walked respectfully down to the hall and took my shoes off in the foyer. I entered the hall and sat down in my spot.

When everyone had arrived we started warming up our voices. The song we sang was He Honere. Once we had sung that we sang Pa Mai. The person that usually starts the song wasn't there so the year 8 girls had to do it. We didn't do it well so the year 4 girls got a turn. Mr Brown said if they did it better we had to do shadow poi for the rest of the practice. They ended up doing it better but then the year 8 boys wanted a go starting so they got a go as well. Again they were louder. When we had finished doing that song we ran through our Cultural festival routine.

The first song is Hareuia then Tahurihuri and finally our school song Taitapu with the Haka at the end. In Tahurihuri we did shadow poi because Mr Brown stuck to his word.

After this we practiced our performance for the open day. The two songs we're doing are He Honere and Taitapu. We ran through these a couple of times then we were allowed to go. (What I did).

I showed Respect by listening to the commands.

I showed leadership by being resilient when we had to start Pa Mai.


No comments:

Post a Comment