W.A.L.T: Describe the traits of an effective leader
My solo level is Multistructual because I can describe the traits of an effective leader
Over the past new weeks we've been learning about how to be an effective leader. As a class we came up with 6 traits that we think an effective leader has to have. They are:
- Integrity: We read a book about Sir Edmund Hillary and I thought he showed integrity because he doesn't consider himself better than everyone else even though he was the first person to climb Mount Everest.
- Trustworthy: My understanding of trustworthy is someone who can be trusted to do something. I read a book about a girl called Nancy that was trusted to get radio codes in the second world war.
- Resilient: Resilience is when you never give up. I read a book where this guy went to a boot camp and he had to have resilience to get through it.
- Goal Focused: Being goal focused means you're determined to achieve you're goal. In the book about Sir Edmund Hillary he was goal focused because he didn't give up so he achieved his goal which was to get to the top of Mount Everest.
- Active thinker: Being an active thinker means you come up with new ideas which will help you reach your goal. In a book called Desert Kaupoi Tony showed active thinking by coming up with new ideas on how to stop the machine gun post
- Motivational: Being motivational is leading people towards a goal and making people want to achieve their goal.In Outward Bound Sam motivated himself to finish all the fitness activities.
My next step is to compare and contrast the traits of different leaders.