Thursday 12 March 2015

Wonder Prequel


My goal:Ideas

Wonder Prequel

It was a cheerful,sunny day in my backyard.

"Hurry up"I whisper to Christopher.We were about to climb the massive tree that I was absolutely forbbiden to climb."I'm coming calls Christopher from behind.We scramble from bush to bush until we reach the huge tree.

I started to climb the tree first.I'm about one quarter of the way up when Christopher started climbing.I climber higher and higher until I was just about at the top when disaster strikes...Christopher falls throwing me off balance I toppled down after him.Luckily for me I landed on him but for Christopher any last hope of staying conscious vanished,he was unconscious .I scream in terror for mum and she comes racing to the door faster than a cheetah.

"What's wrong Auggie"she says out of breath

"It's Christopher he fell off the massive tree"I say as calmly as I can.

"Auggie this is why I forbid you from going up there"mum says anger creeping into her voice

"Who cares right now let's just go help Christopher"

"ok,ok let's go"and she runs to Christopher.First mum checks his pulse.That was ok.When mum said that relief flowed through my body.Next we drive to the hospital.When we arrive Christopher miracously wakes up!

"Where am I"he says in a dizzy voice.

"At the hospital sweetheart"mum says soothingly.

"Cristopher Carter"calls the reception lady.

"Come on let's go"mum says.

"Hello Mrs Smith"says the doctor.

"Please call me Maria"mum tells the doctor.

"Ok Maria what's the problem?"

"Well little Christopher here has an extremely sore leg because he fell out of a tree".

"Ok let's go get an X-Ray so we know why it hurts".

In the X-Ray room mum and stand next to Christopher who is lying on the X-Ray table.

"Will he be ok?"I ask mum

"I'm sure he'll be fine"says mum calmly.

"Christopher has a broken ankle and will need to be in a cast for six weeks but there will be no long term damage"the doctor tells us.

We walk down the hall way to the cast room.Christopher chooses a lime green cast.After we thank the doctor we go to Christopher's house.

When we get Christopher out his mother is waiting.Christopher hops as fast as he can into his mothers arms.Then we say goodbye and depart.

After Christopher's accident I felt guilty everyday.At school,well home because I'm home schooled(because of all my surgeries),mum kept attempting to comfort me by telling me it's not my fault,but that doesn't change the fact that it was my idea to climb the horrible tree.

The next time Christopher came over I couldn't look him in the eye.It got so bad I ask to be excused to go to the bathroom.

In the bathroom I let the tears gush down my face like a waterfall and remember that terryfiying day.Suddenly there was a knock on the door.I jumped up in fright then sniffle "who is it?"

"It's Christopher,look August I know you blame yourself for me breaking my ankle but it's not your fault it was mine for being my old,clumsy self".

Laughter erupted from me.

"And it's also healed perfectly fine"adds Christopher before he starts laughing from his little joke in his last sentence.

"So you wanna go play?"I ask while coming out of the bathroom.

"Sure"replys Christopher and we run to my room.

All was good again apart from my face:).




No comments:

Post a Comment