Wednesday 24 August 2016

Excellence Evidence Kapa Haka 9

Kapa Haka

On Friday I had Kapa Haka. We started early so we would have more time to practice.

First I walked respectfully down to the hall and took my shoes off in the hall foyer. Then I entered the hall respectfully and sat down in my spot. When everyone had arrived we started warming up our voices.

Once we had done this we went through our cultural festival performance.

The first time was a little bit quiet but we improved from there.

We stopped a few times just to fix little things. When the performance was just about perfect Mr Brown asked the senior staff (principal and deputy principal) to come watch.

We sang as loud as we could and did the poi and raku really well. The staff thought we did really well.

After this we were allowed to leave.

I showed Respect by transitioning to the hall and back quietly.

I showed leadership by doing the actions up the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment